Zach has officially had diabetes for half of his life, now.
We let him open his presents from us on Sunday because it was paintball gear, and the Forbis boys and men had a big paintball war that day. Zach actually wears his stuff periodically during the day like a costume, especially since the latest thing he's into is Halo Wars (toys). He does look like a Halo trooper when he's all suited up! Then, on his actual birthday (Monday), we went to Nana's where he got to open a couple of presents from her. Jon's sister Meagan and her two boys, Josiah and Isaac, also came and sang to him, which was so adorable. After that Zach and I went on a special birthday date to get sushi, then to Target to use some birthday money, and then to Coldstone Creamery for some ice cream (since it was his birthday I did let him get a few M&M's as a mix-in...I mean, I know that's not diabetic-friendly but he's a kid, for Pete's sake!). We had such a nice time, and with four kids it really made it special to have him one-on-one.
Zach continues to do more and more with his diabetes management, which makes me feel like I can breathe a little easier. He rarely, if ever, makes mistakes with it, either, and doesn't miss a beat. We are so proud of our sweet, loving, brick of a boy!
1 comment:
Love the walrus picture. Definitely frame that one :) what an awesome kid <3 looks like you guys had a special time!
Post a Comment