Tuesday, October 06, 2009

More from Emerald Isle, 2009


I literally have dozens and dozens of pictures, which I'll post as a slideshow when I get a chance, but here's one of our family. A brief synopsis of our week is as follows: Grocery shopping, lots of eating and more grocery shopping, many wonderful trips down to the beach, dead squid washing up on the beach, dolphins playing in the water (sometimes leaping completely out of the ocean or riding in the waves, it was awesome), running on the beach, walking on the beach, finding great shells, burying kids in the sand, eating PB&J in the sand, kids playing in the surf, playing games like Apples to Apples, Memory, Candy Land, and Mancala, hanging out in the jacuzzi, movies and games in the theater room, laundry, terrible dishwashers, beer and wine, chocolate chip cookies, awesome seafood pasta (Justin totally outdid himself!), pancakes, trip to Swansboro (new quilt, yay!), Mychael driving us around in the golf cart (he's a great driver), enjoying all of the wonderful spaciousness of our house, enjoying each others' company, cousins having a blast in their room playing Bionicles and pet store and other imaginative games, naps, fudge, music, bluest sky I've ever seen, sad to have it gone so soon.

2 comments:

sharon said...

wow! Mychael looks like he is as tall as you Shannon, crazy!! sounds like a most wonderful vacation! I'm so glad for you that you have those memories!!

Shannon said...

Thank you, Sharon! Yes, I think Mychael is within an inch of me right now, he was 5'1 at his last appointment. We were just comparing how much each has grown looking at the markings on the doorjamb, and he has literally grown over 5 inches in 10 months! I hope you have a Costco membership with all those boys, that's all I can say!!