Yesterday, we joined some of Jon's former co-workers at a lake in Greensboro for an evening of food, conversation, and boat rides. The fall colors are breathtaking right now, and at one point we had to all get out our cameras because as the sun was setting, it truly set ablaze the maple trees around the lake. Spectacular. Also, one of our friends literally built a sailboat in his garage, and took the kids around the lake on it while others rode the pontoon boat. We had fun pretending we were going to ram each other, and you could hear Nathan's voice echoing all over the lake, he was so excited. It was great to catch up with some neat people we've gotten to know over the years, even though we don't see each other that often, usually once or twice a year. I really appreciate the fact that Jon's old boss, Aileen, takes the initiative to maintain and foster these relationships, especially in our day and age when true community isn't necessarily a priority for most people (the chapter I'm on in the book I'm currently reading is addressing the "idol of individualism").
Monday, October 26, 2009
fall colors, and the boat that Tom built
Yesterday, we joined some of Jon's former co-workers at a lake in Greensboro for an evening of food, conversation, and boat rides. The fall colors are breathtaking right now, and at one point we had to all get out our cameras because as the sun was setting, it truly set ablaze the maple trees around the lake. Spectacular. Also, one of our friends literally built a sailboat in his garage, and took the kids around the lake on it while others rode the pontoon boat. We had fun pretending we were going to ram each other, and you could hear Nathan's voice echoing all over the lake, he was so excited. It was great to catch up with some neat people we've gotten to know over the years, even though we don't see each other that often, usually once or twice a year. I really appreciate the fact that Jon's old boss, Aileen, takes the initiative to maintain and foster these relationships, especially in our day and age when true community isn't necessarily a priority for most people (the chapter I'm on in the book I'm currently reading is addressing the "idol of individualism").
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow, I bet that was awesome! Perfect time of year! Justin and I just kept ohhing and ahhing yesterday when we were in the car. The colors really are amazing right now.
hey, that must be the guy who makes the wine!? i noticed the name of the boat! CANNOT believe he made that!
He's pretty much a genius.
your kids are growing up!!! mychael looks so mature in that picture!
Post a Comment