We spent a total of 12 1/2 days in West Jefferson, NC recently, which is just outside of Boone in Ashe County. Those are the pics from the slideshow, but I somehow left out a few. We had a wonderful time canoeing, horseback riding, fishing, eating, and just being together as a family. Jon's mom joined us for part of the time, as well as her parents, and then our friends Dub and Carla came towards the end of the first 10 days. We went back one last time this past weekend and met our buds from Cullowhee. It was great to catch up and reminisce about the old days, and life, in general. Donna is my homeschool guru, in the sense that her 3 children (2 grown) have turned out to be so wonderful, and she's got the most balanced approach I've come across. Whenever I talk to her about homeschooling stuff I'm reassured that I'm on the right track, and I remember why I do it in the first place...not so that I can push my children academically and boast about my four-year old doing algebra, but in order to allow my kids to have an enriched childhood where their imaginations run freely. Anyway, here are couple of the pictures that got left out!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
a few I forgot...
We spent a total of 12 1/2 days in West Jefferson, NC recently, which is just outside of Boone in Ashe County. Those are the pics from the slideshow, but I somehow left out a few. We had a wonderful time canoeing, horseback riding, fishing, eating, and just being together as a family. Jon's mom joined us for part of the time, as well as her parents, and then our friends Dub and Carla came towards the end of the first 10 days. We went back one last time this past weekend and met our buds from Cullowhee. It was great to catch up and reminisce about the old days, and life, in general. Donna is my homeschool guru, in the sense that her 3 children (2 grown) have turned out to be so wonderful, and she's got the most balanced approach I've come across. Whenever I talk to her about homeschooling stuff I'm reassured that I'm on the right track, and I remember why I do it in the first place...not so that I can push my children academically and boast about my four-year old doing algebra, but in order to allow my kids to have an enriched childhood where their imaginations run freely. Anyway, here are couple of the pictures that got left out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment