Saturday, January 24, 2009

Zach

I just have to post this before I go to bed, while it's still fresh in my mind, because it was such a sweet and touching moment. Zach is just SO my sweetie pie, and tonight I went up to kiss him good night, to give him his last 5 year old kiss since he'll be 6 tomorrow (on the 24th). He was already lying in bed looking very serious as he was thinking about something, and when I told him it was his last 5 year old hug and kiss goodnight his little chin started quivering and the next thing I knew he was crying! He said he didn't want to turn six, that being five was fun...oh, I got tears in my eyes, too, because they do just grow up too fast. So I crawled into his bed with him and wrapped my arms around him and started talking about the night he was born, how my parents and sister were all there in the room; how my mom was the one that freed his shoulder by pressing on my abdomen when he was stuck; how my dad was the doctor that checked him over and made sure he was OK; how they had to take him to the nursery for a few hours to be under the warmer, but when I got back to my room without him I just cried and wanted to have him; so then I went to the nursery and was speaking to the nurse and as soon as he heard my voice he started crying, because he already knew my voice. (Sniff, sniff.)

So THEN...Mychael yells from the other side of the room (the 3 boys share a room), "Hey! Tell me the story of when I came out of that womb! (Pause...much laughter...) I learned that word in the Bible."

I have to catch up on my picture posting from Mychael's birthday on Tuesday (and birthday snow), but I'm too tired right now, I'll try to get to it over the weekend. Love to all~Shannon

No comments: