Finally, I am getting around to posting some pictures from Mychael's birthday on Tuesday, as well as pictures of the snow we had (I measured 3 inches in some spots, 2 in others). For dinner, we went to Olive Garden with Jon's parents and sister, and sister's little boy. We had a nice, relaxing meal, and they brought out the homemade cake and sang happy birthday to him (Nathan was actually the one that was mortified that everyone in the restaurant was looking in our direction). Mychael continues to grow and mature as a responsible (enough for me to leave the kids with him for short grocery trips, or for Jon and I to run out and get a cup of coffee for a mini date), thoughtful, funny, and insightful young man. He has his dad's generosity, and is always giving his younger siblings toys (a couple of times recently he has used his money to buy something, only to turn around and give it to Zach or Nathan because he knew they wanted it). He is an insatiable reader like his dad (I have to tell him to stop reading), as well as a natural musician (he plays the flute in an elementary band at a local Christian school that opens classes up to homeschoolers). Also, he gets his taste in music (and dislike of anything '80's) from Jon...his favorite band is Pink Floyd, with Living Colour a close second (I think I spelled that right). I think that from me he gets his goofy, slapstick sense of humor (we love practical jokes), and probably his tendency to be emotional and dramatic at times. He enjoys reading his Bible, and recently read a book by a missionary by the name of Heidi Baker, his thoughts on God and religion are deep and personal, and they are his own. I know he loves and is a follower of Jesus. So, here are those photos...
Sunday, January 25, 2009
snow and Mychael's 11th birthday
Finally, I am getting around to posting some pictures from Mychael's birthday on Tuesday, as well as pictures of the snow we had (I measured 3 inches in some spots, 2 in others). For dinner, we went to Olive Garden with Jon's parents and sister, and sister's little boy. We had a nice, relaxing meal, and they brought out the homemade cake and sang happy birthday to him (Nathan was actually the one that was mortified that everyone in the restaurant was looking in our direction). Mychael continues to grow and mature as a responsible (enough for me to leave the kids with him for short grocery trips, or for Jon and I to run out and get a cup of coffee for a mini date), thoughtful, funny, and insightful young man. He has his dad's generosity, and is always giving his younger siblings toys (a couple of times recently he has used his money to buy something, only to turn around and give it to Zach or Nathan because he knew they wanted it). He is an insatiable reader like his dad (I have to tell him to stop reading), as well as a natural musician (he plays the flute in an elementary band at a local Christian school that opens classes up to homeschoolers). Also, he gets his taste in music (and dislike of anything '80's) from Jon...his favorite band is Pink Floyd, with Living Colour a close second (I think I spelled that right). I think that from me he gets his goofy, slapstick sense of humor (we love practical jokes), and probably his tendency to be emotional and dramatic at times. He enjoys reading his Bible, and recently read a book by a missionary by the name of Heidi Baker, his thoughts on God and religion are deep and personal, and they are his own. I know he loves and is a follower of Jesus. So, here are those photos...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment