I had some family shots on my camera that I thought turned out cute, especially that last one where Nathan curled up next to Jordan and took a nap with her! I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend, we're looking forward to some down time after our first full week of "real" school. For those of you that I don't talk to on a regular basis, Mychael has absolutely loved the Christian school we enrolled him in this year (4th grade). I think Nathan misses him, but he has Zach, and I'm trying to get into a routine doing homeschool with the two of them. We do a lot of reading together, and we have some fun field trips coming up (one about bees, and the science museum). Jordan enjoys arts and crafts, especially Play-Doh, so she's usually right in the middle of whatever we're doing, as well. Having to take and pick up one from school has forced me to be more organized with my time, which is definitely a good thing! Oh, and Nathan is taking an environmental science class once a week, too, and one of his buddies is also in his class. In terms of upcoming activities, I think Mychael will do Upwards Basketball again this winter, and Nathan wants to do baseball this Spring. I'm going to see what works out better for Zach, Spring soccer or t-ball again; and, of course, there's the skatepark which we visit at least once a week. It sure doesn't sound like I have anything going on in terms of my own hobbies or interests, unless you count grinding wheat!! I honestly feel completely fulfilled in this season of bringing up my kids, I know that there will be time "one day" to pursue any outside interests, and I want to be careful not to live too much for "one day," but rather savor every moment of every day that I have with my family. After all, we're not even promised tomorrow, and who wants to live with regret? I certainly don't....
Saturday, September 01, 2007
pictures of the family
I had some family shots on my camera that I thought turned out cute, especially that last one where Nathan curled up next to Jordan and took a nap with her! I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend, we're looking forward to some down time after our first full week of "real" school. For those of you that I don't talk to on a regular basis, Mychael has absolutely loved the Christian school we enrolled him in this year (4th grade). I think Nathan misses him, but he has Zach, and I'm trying to get into a routine doing homeschool with the two of them. We do a lot of reading together, and we have some fun field trips coming up (one about bees, and the science museum). Jordan enjoys arts and crafts, especially Play-Doh, so she's usually right in the middle of whatever we're doing, as well. Having to take and pick up one from school has forced me to be more organized with my time, which is definitely a good thing! Oh, and Nathan is taking an environmental science class once a week, too, and one of his buddies is also in his class. In terms of upcoming activities, I think Mychael will do Upwards Basketball again this winter, and Nathan wants to do baseball this Spring. I'm going to see what works out better for Zach, Spring soccer or t-ball again; and, of course, there's the skatepark which we visit at least once a week. It sure doesn't sound like I have anything going on in terms of my own hobbies or interests, unless you count grinding wheat!! I honestly feel completely fulfilled in this season of bringing up my kids, I know that there will be time "one day" to pursue any outside interests, and I want to be careful not to live too much for "one day," but rather savor every moment of every day that I have with my family. After all, we're not even promised tomorrow, and who wants to live with regret? I certainly don't....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment