Saturday, August 04, 2007

the man I love


We celebrated our anniversary early and went out to dinner tonight, it's officially on the 13th, and we will be celebrating 13 years of marriage. I just want to say that I am so blessed to have the husband I have...although he goes unappreciated much of the time. When I think about all that I could be worried about...the kids, the house, cooking, homeschooling, not homeschooling, grocery shopping, diabetes, and so forth, and then realize that in addition to all of those things, Jon also gets to worry about me, his job, finances, the future, having a whole family dependent upon him, and a host of other things, I realize he is very unappreciated much of the time. I can be moody, smart alecky, selfish, materialistic, paranoid, controlling, disorganized, I have ADD...you get the picture, right? My resolution for the coming year will be to be more encouraging, affectionate, interested, positive, organized, insightful, and available, in terms of my husband and how I run my home. Of course, I will fail miserably at all of this if I don't have God's help, and so, I pray right now for help in all of these areas. I want to live better, love better, and hopefully in doing so, the world (or at least my home) will be a little bit better this time next year. And yet, I will keep this in perspective: "I am not defined by what I am not" (Rob Bell, from "Velvet Elvis"). Happy Anniversary, love of my life!

1 comment:

Kit said...

Beautiful, inspiring love! Congratulations!!! We miss you guys! Hope you're having a great time on your trip. We sure are but can't wait to see you guys soon!