It's been awhile since I've posted, and rather than do individual posts for different days I'm going to lump them all into the past month's activities. We've had some beautiful days, so we took advantage of going to the park (we have a group of 4 moms that are sort of an informal play group). We always take all of our "weapons"-toy guns and light sabers, and the kids pass them out to anyone that happens to be on the playground, it's so much fun to watch how everyone gets along, all different ages, and how the sharing takes place. We've just wrapped up Upwards basketball, with the awards ceremony tonight, so I have a couple more pictures of Mychael and Nathan "in action." Also, I'll include a picture of the great-grandchildren on Jon's paternal grandparents' side, we had a family gathering to celebrate Meemaw's 80th. Other than that, we've kept busy with school, and a new skateboard ministry that Jon has become very involved in at the local skate park. Our two older boys have really gotten into the sport, and most days all of the neighborhood kids converge on our driveway to practice jumping ramps and "grinding." Where the Sunday morning ministry ends, the driveway ministry begins, with kids from broken homes who just want us to watch them do their latest stunts and show an interest in them. It's amazing how all of the kids, ranging from 4 years (Zach) to 13 years, will play in the driveway together, teaching one another, trading skateboard parts. When an argument erupts we send them on their way, but kids are very forgiving and are usually back the next day playing together like nothing ever happened (if only adult could be this way!). Anyway, I hope everyone is healthy and doing well, we miss all you out-of-towners!
No comments:
Post a Comment